About Me

My name is Eliza and my husband, Ash, and I are currently living in Muscat, Oman. I'm originally from the Cape Cod area and my husband is from northern California. We both met working for the airline industry; he's a pilot and I was a flight attendant.
We dated for a couple years and we both took good advantage of our flight benefits... I mean, between work and little vacations, we were home for less than 2 weeks most months.






































In early 2011, Ash went for a job interview in Paris for the airline he currently works for now in Oman. The end of our two day trip to Paris resulted in us engaged and making plans to move to the Middle East. One week later we eloped. A week after our elopement Ash headed out to Muscat and 2 months later I joined him.

I am now sitting here writing this two years later and I can't believe the whirlwind of adjustments we've had. We've had a lot of amazing opportunities but have also dealt with the hardships of living abroad and being so far away from friends and family and missing the comforts of home. If you look back to old posts I've written you'll read all about the issues I had finding my place in this new life of ours. Thankfully I now feel much more settled in and actually feel at home here.
I started this blog to help keep everyone from home up to date with our adjustment and also to give a little peek into a part of the world that a lot of people (especially Americans) have such a distorted view on. Oman is a beautiful country where you can find views of the mountains and ocean side by side. The people are kind and hospitable and always willing to answer questions about their culture. You don't see this side of the Middle East on the news back home!

You'll also find that I blog a lot about our Golden Retriever puppy, Carlos. He's the love of my life.



































Also, this past fall we had the crazy opportunity of filming an episode for House Hunters International. No word yet on when our episode will air but you'll definitely be hearing all about it once I get the info.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you follow us on our journey together. And don't be shy, introduce yourself. You can always leave me a comment or send me an email HERE

Looking forward to hearing from you!

::eliza::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...