!HYPERmarkets!

The hypermarkets (aka supermarkets) are always a mad house, 24 hrs a day 7 days a week! Anytime you go into a grocery store it's a guarantee that the lines will be all the way down the aisles. This is a pic of one of the major grocery stores around Oman. It's called the Lulu. Looks more like something you'd see on the Vegas strip than anything else. 



 Ash and I dread grocery shopping. I think it's gotten to the point where we try to alternate weeks. It's that miserable. I really miss the little connivence stores from back home. I want to be able to buy milk, eggs, water, all the necessities and avoid the huge crowds at the HYPERmarkets. Between the driving, parking and shopping, we've figured that it takes about a minimum of 1hr to just buy one thing. Even the shopping carts are a mess. They don't roll straight, they wobble all around. I don't know how many times I've almost ran someone over with my cart. Especially with the millions of kids running around, I've definitely come close to running over small children. And if you need help finding an item in a store you can forget about it. No one seems to have a clue as to where anything is. There was a time I needed help finding something so I went up and approached a worker who's shirt said 'How may I help You'. I asked if he could help me find something and he said sure. Then I told him what I was looking for and then he said, (I love this part)  "Sorry ma'am, I don't work here." Then he turned around and continued to stock the shelves. Classic. Anything to get out of doing work. I guess that's what happens when you hire cheap labor. It is frustrating because back home there's a certain standard of excellence that each company tries to uphold but out here, things are way different. The behaviors that you see here, such as laziness, wouldn't be tolerated back home. 
Man, grocery shopping back home sounds like a vacation! 

I'm planning to do some video blogs soon. Hopefully I'll get my first one up tomorrow! Make sure to check back. 
Before you leave why dontcha leave me a comment? : ) 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun down there, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to go to lulu's. it looks like it should have a bar and slot machines inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea i thought there would be a huge water fountain and a gigantic chandelier hanging from the ceiling with a valet service out front .. nope just two floors of the worst congestion that you have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...