Mutrah Souk

I had Ash bring me to the Mutrah Souk today. The souk consists of many small shops with local made items that you can bargain for, if you're up for the challenge that is. I was looking for a small silk rug to put under my piano bench. The first time I went I found the souk to be a little overwhelming. There are small alleyways with tons of shops and dozens of people everywhere and shop owners pulling you in every direction, all types of smells from the little food stands, skinny stray cats walking around and you'll spot lots of unhygienic things. Today I saw a man with a fruit stand picking his nose and waving me over to buy his fruit. No thanks, that's a little sketchy for me. But the souk is a great place to buy scarves, rugs and touristy items at a fairly cheap price. Here are some pics I took while we walked around. 





Here's a picture of the silk rug that I found. It was originally 25RO but I was able to talk him down to 17RO. I'm getting a little more comfortable with the whole bargaining thing ; )







5 comments:

  1. Did you take all of those pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice that looks like it'd be mad fun to walk around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen sex and the city 2 yet? This soukh is reminding me of all the shennanigans carrie and the girls get into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I watched it b/c thibeault told me to and yes, that's exactly what a Souk looks like.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...