Random Things We Miss

I hope that my last blog didn't make it sound as if I dislike living in Oman. I appreciate this experience and I'm learning so much, but I also wanted to give you a closer look and show you the reality of it all and the different challenges that I face being an American living in the Middle East. I've always tried to push myself to take risks and to soak up as many experiences as I can before my time is up on the earth. Traveling has given me a different perspective on life, God, people and cultures; and that's something that no one can take away from me. I'm not sure what the future holds or if we'll ever live in America again. But whatever happens, I'm definitely up for the challenge.

With that being said, I've decided to make a bullet point list of all the things that both Ash and I miss from home. Enjoy!

  • Pork
  • The Better Business Bureau
  • Electrical sockets in the bathrooms
  • 120 volts
  • Mailboxes
  • Country music
  • Clothing stores that carry my size. I think currently they tailor towards the tall, skinny, European woman.
  • Straightening my hair
  • Tanning beds
  • Shellac nails (the last three are for me, of course)
  • Chicken Alfredo
  • American accents
  • Cheap boxes of pasta
  • A good piece of steak
  • You
  • Websites that aren't blocked
  • Tampax pearl .. yes, I said it. I hate the cardboard kinds
  • Thunder storms
  • Seeing women's hair and ears
  • People doing their jobs 
  • Squirrels 
  • The keratin treatment 
  • wearing mini skirts 
  • White American cheese
  • Freedom of speech
  • creamer
  • Cod fish
  • Sitting outside and not sweating
  • At least one visible clock in every building
  • Purchasing liquor 
  • Referring to your phone as a cellphone and not a mobile
  • Not having to worry about my cleavage
  • Guitar Center
  • Dr. Pepper
  • Honesty
  • Public Restrooms in almost every establishment
  • PDA
  • Beds and couches that are higher up off the ground
  • And last but not least, having a car that's not programmed to beep excessively when you're over the speed limit.
There are probably more things that I could add to the list but nothing else is coming to mind. When Ash wakes up he may have more suggestions.

See you tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. Ill tell mom to send you some Chicken Alfredo, so thats one thing you can take off your list. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of things on that list that you could send me ... You better start fedexing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...