Diet Tips Needed!

My brain is FRIED! I've been working nonstop on a contest. I had to do a cover of a song and make a video to it. I finally finished everything today. It's been taking up all of my time and energy, which is why I've been MIA on pumpkinpolarbear. Whether I win or lose, I'll make sure to upload the video so you can have a good laugh at my expense. I'm looking forward to tomorrow though, Ash and I will be spending the day swimming and relaxing by the pool or beach. I need to let my brain relax.

I am now onto my next project ... Ash and I need to diet and exercise. I would love to lose at least 20lbs and I'm not sure what Ash's goal is but I'm determined to make this happen. I know that I suck at consistency with my workouts but I'd rather workout and burn hundreds of calories than watch my intake with food. Cutting out the junk food and portion control are my two main goals.

But I need all your help and encouragement! I'm planning to do updates on here about our progress. I will never tell you my current weight but I will keep you up to date with how much I am losing. So give me your tips and advice ... is there anything that is healthy to eat that you like to make (preferably super easy)? Any workouts that you know of that are super effective? In order to keep us motivated we definitely need to take our 'before' pictures tomorrow ... any other ideas to keep us motivated? I appreciate all of your suggestions!

Now off to buy a scale and measuring tape...


5 comments:

  1. count your calories.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/index6
    this will help you stay on track and has a huge list of different types of foods and their calories and nutritional values.

    You can input your weight and measurements and it will help track your weight loss goals.

    Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to get in shape too, I still need to lose 20 lbs to get back to my pre-baby weight, I've lost 35 lbs already though (I was 190 after I had Wes!). Here a few things I've found helpful so far: I try to make a work-out out of everyday things like doing dishes or carrying Wes around, I really focus in on leg and ab muscles while I'm doing things, so that I feel the burn in the spots I want to slim down. I've lost the most weight when I've stayed in the habit of not eating after 7pm. I take Wes to the pool and push him around on his float, swimming is a really great full body workout (don't know if you have any pools nearby). I've also tried to stick to drinking only water, and lots of it. And I really have the most success when I don't try to do anything to specific or stick to a special diet-when I just try to stay active and make good dietary decisions in general, I find I put up less resistance to that lifestyle...Good luck! (Maybe since we're trying to lose about the same amount of weight, we can set up a challenge or something lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely like the idea of not eating after 7pm ... that would probably do wonders for me. We should totally set up a challenge! Do you have any ideas? I've never lost this much weight before, I've generally always been around the same size... so I probably won't have any good ideas lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I'm totally up for doing this together Krissy!! Let's do it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...