Eid Mubarak

Eid Mubarak, paraphrased as "may you enjoy a blessed festival"

Ramadan has ended and now it is time to celebrate Eid. If you need a refresher on Ramadan click here. Here's a little rundown on what Eid is all about:

"Eid is a Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting (sawm). Eid is an Arabic word meaning "festivity," while Fiṭr means "breaking the fast". The holiday celebrates the conclusion of the 29 or 30 days of dawn-to-sunset fasting during the entire month of Ramadan. The first day of Eid, therefore, falls on the first day of the month Shawwal." Wikipedia 

I guess Eid is a big deal, kind of like Christmas; they even exchange gifts. I'm just looking forward to all the holidays being over and business hours going back to normal. Eid is even worse than Ramadan ... EVERYTHING IS CLOSED!!! Our AC in our living room stopped working a couple days ago and we can't get anyone to come out and fix it until Monday. Thank goodness the AC in the other rooms work, otherwise I would be one bitchy woman. 


The Holy Month of Ramadan ended up being better than I expected. Aside from the store/restaurant hours changing and not being able to eat/drink in public and all the awesome driving skills everyone acquires during Ramadan (joking), everything was pretty normal. I am curious to know the amount of accidents that took place during Ramadan. As soon as I find out, I'll pass on the information to you. 


Here's a pic I took a while back of everyone breaking fast together. Sorry for the annoying pole that's in the way. 


So friends, I apologize for my absence the past few days. I've been obsessed with the whole Berklee competition and I haven't been able to think about anything else. A lot of amazing talented people have entered and I've seen a lot of excellent videos. It was a great experience and I had fun. I really appreciate all of your help and taking the time to 'like' my video and leaving comments. I've got almost 300 views on my video and I think that is pretty damn cool. Thank you! I should find out who the winner is soon and I'll post their video up for you to check out. If you haven't checked out my video yet, you can click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...