Sexy Abs

So Ash and I joined a gym earlier this week. I'm liking it so far. I did pilates for the first time and really enjoyed it.  I remember when I was younger and I thought it would be a great idea to buy a pilates dvd set from an informercial. To me, it looked like a bunch of people rolling around on the floor and miraculously losing inches around their waste. How hard could it be? So I spent about $200 for the dvd set and then felt completely ripped off when the dvd's finally arrived with a meal plan accompanied with it. If the meal plan was so essential, as the enclosed packet was claiming, shouldn't they have mentioned it in the informercial? Despite the meal plan, I popped in a dvd and was determined to get a flat stomach. After 10min of rolling around on the living room floor and embarrassing myself, in front of my entire family, I gave up my dream of having a chiseled stomach with amazing abs. I realized my ignorance; pilates isn't as easy as rolling around on the floor; and furthermore, I thought it would be unfair to ask my mom to make me my own special meal every night from the meal plan. But now, 9 years later, I am attempting pilates once again but this time in a class setting and the teacher makes me sit in the front of the class room, probably because I'm THAT bad at it but I don't care, I'm on my way to a sexy flat stomach.

We're headed to Jordan in a of couple days and our plan is to visit the ancient city of Petra and to visit the Dead Sea. I'm thinking of possibly wearing my bathing suit and floating around in the Dead Sea for a while... It's the saltiest body of water and the lowest elevation in the world! I can't wait to see it / maybe swim in it. We also wanted to take a quick trip to Israel but after a little research we realized that Israel isn't the greatest day trip; there is lots to see and border crossing would probably take up a big chunk of our time .. especially since I have a history of being pulled aside and questioned like a drug smuggler. Ever since I visited Colombia, almost every time I travel to a different country, Customs pulls me aside and questions me. "Yes sir, I realize that I'm a single woman that just left Colombia and I don't speak spanish and I'm not Latin and I have no family there but I swear, I was just sight seeing!" What's really bad is when I started to know all of the custom officers, in Canada, on a name to name bases, all because I went to Colombia. So needless to say, Israel probably wouldn't work out as the greatest day trip for us.
But I'm looking forward to getting on a plane and seeing something new and bringing you all back some pictures. Stay tuned for that!



2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you have ever seen the show "An Idiot Abroad" (hilarious by the way) but in one of the shows he goes and sees petra and floats in the dead sea, you should watch it in preparation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to find this movie and watch it tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...