Home, Sweet Home





























Being home in Massachusetts, or better yet, America in general, has been incredible. It was about 16hrs in flight and that's not including the 5 hr sit that I had in Paris in between. It was a long and exhausting trip that I think I'm still recovering from. I've been home now for a week and I think I'm still adjusting to the time change. If I remember correctly, when I originally moved out to Oman, it took me a good 2 weeks until I adjusted to their time zone.
I've had many people ask me of the first thing that I did once I got back home and what was the first thing I ate. Well, the first thing I did was eat and the first thing I ate was linguica. I've been craving nothing but pork since I've been gone. My mom also made me a cheese cake that I attacked like a beast.
For the past week I've done nothing but visit with friends and family, eat and shop. I'm burnt out from all the shopping I've done. I'm actually quite horrible at clothes shopping .. I want to wear stylish trendy clothes but I also know that I'm not capable of putting great outfits together. I'd rather wear simple basic clothes then spend hours trying to figure out what goes with what. Check out these sneakers I just bought. I'm known for buying wacky patterns and colorful pieces of clothing. So since I can be quite radical with my clothing, I force myself to buy basic colors b/c I have no idea how to incorporate bright pieces correctly. But I allowed myself to buy these puma sneakers and I love them.




























So what do you think? Actually, don't tell me, I'd rather just enjoy my sneakers without knowing that the majority of my readers wouldn't wear them.

This will be a blog filled with pictures. I wanted to show those of you that have never been to the south shore or cape cod what you're missing out on. When I was a kid I hated it here and I couldn't wait for the day that I could move away ... but now I appreciate the small town charm and seeing so many familiar faces and having a place on the globe that I can always call home.
Here's the house that I basically grew up in.
























































My parents have faithfully used their wood stove every year. As a kid, I had no idea how to use a thermostat but I definitely knew how to start a fire!













I'm from Wareham, MA. I'm probably related to about 75% of the town. One of my closest friends in Wareham also happens to be my cousin but we didn't realize we were cousins until later on. We went to school together but never hungout. It wasn't until we were around 18 yrs old and worked at a local bank together that we realized we're related. So believe me when I say that I'm probably related to about 75% of Wareham. Here's a pic of my cousin Jenn's daughter, Autumn .. isn't she a doll?



Here are some local pictures that I took.






















Main Street.
Notice in the picture that it says 46 degrees Fahrenheit. The cold has been a shock to my body.



















































































































































My moms favorite flower shop





























And here are some pictures of Cape Cod. There's no place in the world like it.

























































The Bourne Bridge

























The Cape Cod canal. It's 7miles long. I used to roller blade the entire thing at least once every summer ... 14miles total. Lots of fun!
























































When I was a kid I used to think that I'd eventually buy a home along the canal ... I still like that idea:)




























The train bridge
























































My little sister Jaylen

























































But there is one thing that I don't miss about America ...





























Oh and how could I forget, Happy Belated Halloween. Here's a picture of my sister Desirae and I. I wasn't very clever with my costume ... I just put on my old flight attendant uniform and threw on my husbands old pilot hat. Cheap and easy.


I will be taking more pictures. How could I forget some Cape Cod beaches? I will also include some pictures of my family and friends.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. i like your pictures and im excited you're home. Can't wait to see you !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...