1 Year Anniversary (Part1)

Our one year wedding anniversary is just around the corner (Feb22). I thought it would be nice for me to share a little about our relationship.
It has been quite the adventurous first year of marriage for us. Moving, being far away from family and friends, adjusting to a new country .... we definitely had our work cut out for us. But now looking back, we've grown so much closer.

Last February was a really really crazy month for us. We both had scheduled our 2 week vacations for the month of February. We were planning to visit Cancun for a week. I think it was somewhere around a week or two before our vacation we found out that Ash would be having an interview with the company that he works for now. It just so happened that the interview (which was scheduled in Paris) would be held during our vacation time. We decided to make a little trip out of it and check out the sights in Paris.... might as well take advantage of it ;-)





The following day was Ash's interview. Ash left our hotel room around 2pm and we both assumed that he'd be back around 8pm the latest.

8pm... 9pm... 10pm... 11pm... midnight ... 1am.

I was FREAKING out. I had no way of contacting him and I was starting to wonder if he would ever come back. Finally around 1am he comes through the door and his face is beat red and he seems all frazzled. What the hell happened??? He went on to explain everything and why it took so long and he told me that he basically knew that he had the job. In all honesty, I'm not sure if that's what I wanted to hear him say. I thought this was just a cool way to get a free trip to Paris but to be seriously considering a job in the Middle East?? Was this really part of the plan? I can't be THAT selfish and not let him do something that I can tell he really wants to do. But where does that leave us?
In the middle of all my thoughts he finally says that we can get married and we both can move out to Oman together.
Wait. What? Marriage? Really? But the Middle East? Ummmm... Too much to take in...



to be continued...
(but you already know the ending :-)

1 comment:

  1. aww...Paris! beautiful! Totally understand your nerves and concerns! With what you see on the media it doesn't help the middle east image! AND I can imagine the freakness of being asked to get married too! that must have been information overload! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...