Russell Peters and St. Patty's Day

Good morning, friends! Or goodnight .... depending on your global location.

Last night Ash and I went out and celebrated St. Patricks day for a quick second, had a great dinner, and then went to the Russell Peters show. One of our favorite places to eat in Muscat (there aren't a lot of good choices) is the Safari Rooftop Grill House. Two meals, a dessert and a couple drinks comes out to around $200 ... I can't believe I used to complain about occasionally spending $50 to go out to eat back home. Going out to eat here is so expensive!! For whatever reason, they let me make a reservation for 6pm but once we got there they told us that they weren't open until 6:30pm. So we went downstairs to the bar ... free drinks for the ladies! I forgot it was St. Patricks Day until we walked into the Safari bar, which was transformed into a green house for Irish folk.

I know that everyone claims to be Irish on St. Patricks day but believe it or not, I have some Irish in me as well (and I'm not talking about my freckled, red headed husband). In case you're curious, I am African American, German, Cape Verdean (Portuguese + African American combo), Native American... and, you guessed it .... Irish. Can you believe that my great grandmother on my fathers side is a red head? If it wasn't for being stuck in a smokey, tobacco filled car with her frizzy red hair once as a kid, I probably wouldn't believe it either.


























































After getting a little tipsy in the downstairs bar, we headed upstairs to the rooftop grill. This is the only place that we've found in Muscat that really knows how to make a medium rare steak. Their lobster and prawns are amazing as well ... just an FYI for all you Muscat people!
ohhhhh, and they have the best cheese cake ...





























We ate until our tummies felt uncomfortable and then we scurried over to the Russell Peters Show. We left the restaurant around 7:30pm and the show started at 8pm. As we approached the amphitheater vicinity, we realized that it probably would be a waste of time to try and find parking close to the venue. Instead we parked about a mile away.
Side note: I don't get it, Muscat ... if you build an amphitheater that is supposed to fit somewhere around 3,000 - 4,000 people, why not make a huge, convenient, parking lot? (End side note).
Continuing on...
So we created our own parking spot about a mile away and then proceeded to do a fast walk/skip the entire way to the venue. I had a sharp pain on the side of my stomach from walking so fast on a full stomach and Ash was complaining that he was going to throw up. By the time we made it to the venue, we probably looked like the Lost Boys, all sweaty and horribly dehydrated. We started looking for available seats in our section, of course wanting two seats next to each other. There were plenty of double seats available but everyone had them saved for some other couple. This actually pissed me off a bit. We payed somewhere around $110 for each ticket and A. I have to park a mile away and B. I can't have a guaranteed seat next to my husband? Not cool.
We did finally find two seats next to each other and we made it to our seats just in time for the show. The opener was Ruben Paul ... he was really funny and Russell Peters did a great job as well. Prior to the show I was really curious to know if their comedy show would be censored  at all. The answer to that question is No and I'm very thankful for that. One of the topics during the show was masturbation in which he used an Omani boy in the front row as his guinea pig. Or when Russell brought up the whole multiple wives thing which caused a great deal of murmuring throughout the crowd. Funny. Overall it was a fantastic show and it was a great night with Ash ... however, I would probably never see a show at the Amphitheater again unless it was someone like Adele. A bit disorganized for me.

Now it's Sunday morning and I'm on my second cup of coffee and I'm exhausted. Ash and I are heading to Bahrain in a couple days. I heard the shopping is pretty decent there so I'm planning to sneak off and get a few things. I'll bring the camera along :-)


Please follow me on Bloglovin' ... click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...