Music Review: Charlie Simpson

I apologize for both my absence and my lack of Music Reviews over the past few months. I haven't heard anything worth reviewing, but I also wasn't searching either. And as far as my absence, I've traveled back to the United States to visit and to attend my little sisters highschool graduation. I've been home for a week now and have been busy running errands and trying to adjust to the time change. It's been a crazy couple weeks.
With all that being said, I would like to introduce you all to Charlie Simpson... (photo credit)


Charlie Simpson is another London native just like a few other musicians that I have reviewed. I don't know about these artist coming out of the UK but they are all amazing and different. There must be something in the water! I like to check out the top 40 charts in the UK occasionally to find some hidden gems and that's how I came across Mr.Simpson's music. I was a little hesitant at first because of his boy band look but I was pleasantly surprised by his organic, rugged sound. Songs with haunting melodies but catchy enough where you want to press your repeat button. I'm really digging his music. Before going solo, Charlie was a member of a UK rock group call Fightstar. I checked out their music as well and it's pretty good. 

So here are some of the songs that I currently have on repeat ...





And here's one of my favs... I chose the live version because I LOVE live covers. Please listen to this one and enjoy it!! It's amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...