Surprise Trip

Ash surprised me with a two day getaway. We drove about 40min away and spent the night at the Shangri-La hotel. Definitely worth it!
I was pleasantly surprised by the nice accommodations and the delicious food. Maybe some of you won't agree with me but I find that 75% of the restaurants in Oman aren't that great at all, or just not consistent... also, Ash and I were referred to the Al Nada Resort for our 1 year anniversary and it was definitely not as advertised! We didn't know what to expect but we ended up having such a great time at the Shangri-La

If you open up the balcony door to our room ..

























You'll get this view...

























And this...
























































































































































You could find us by the pool most of the time ... 






















































wouldn't be an arabic getaway without some shisha... 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Eliza. Randomly stumbled across your blog. You got a couple of very informative posts about life in Oman. I am also an American living in Muscat. Even though we moved here from Dubai over a year ago, which would mean we should be assimilate to the Middle East, I still finding it hard to adjust here. Anyway, keep posting your experiences in Oman. Now I really want to checkout the jet skis here! Would be great if you can share info on location etc.
    tc,
    -Mohi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mohi!
      Thanks so much for the comment! I would love to hear about your experience in Oman so far and some of the your challenges in adjusting. I'm always curious to hear about other peoples experiences. If you want, you can email me at pumpkinpolarbear@gmail.com
      We borrowed our friends jet ski and we were at the Marina ... not the Mariana with all the docks, it's just before that...it's a little hidden. And I think you can rent jet skis somewhere over by the Shatti along the beach. It was a blast, you should definitely give it a try!

      Eliza

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...