Pilot in Command


























My last blog pretty much summed up all our pictures from Germany. Now it's time to move onto California. I didn't take many pictures because I've been to California numerous of times and have taken lots of pictures in the past. You can check some out HERE and HERE.

After arriving in San Francisco, we were absolutely exhausted. We were dealing with a 12hr time difference and we had already done quite a bit of traveling in Germany and needed time to recoup ...  but instead of recouping, we continued on strong; running errands, visiting, lots of driving. It's all kind of a blur at this point because I spent most of the time fighting to keep my eyes open. But one of the days Ash took me out to fly a small Cessna plane (thankfully I stayed awake!). I had never flown before but I've always wanted to learn. The instructor let us fly out to San Francisco and we flew over the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. It was such an awesome experience. I have a new found respect for all you pilots (including my hubby) ... there's so much going on at once. But I do understand why it's so addicting. I can't wait to go up again. I even got a little certificate and my first log book :-)



1 comment:

  1. Poor Ash can say goodbye to his wallet now!

    PPL, CPL, ME and IR all on the way for this lady! :)

    Regards

    Muscat Jet Driver

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...