Postcards From Germany - Part One

Ash and I have been in Germany for the past few days. We have had a full schedule, visiting the Rhine, Munich, the Alps, Frankfurt, Berlin, etc. Lot's of pictures and stories to share. I'll make a blog for each day that we've been here .. too many pictures for one blog!

Our 1st day ...

When we landed in Frankfurt, we picked up our car rental. We wanted a fun car to drive on the Autobahn and since there was an issue with the BMW that we originally requested, we ended up with an Audi A6 2012... not gonna argue with that! We drove out to the Rhine first and Ash tested the Audi's speed limits. After visiting the Rhine, we took the 4hr drive to Munich ... this included getting stuck in a blizzard and driving behind a sander for a good distance. It's been a crazy busy trip but I could totally live here ... I think my new favorite food is bratwurst and I want to eat chocolate croissants every morning for breakfast. ahhhhh, maybe someday.


Germany has been so magical for the holiday season. If you can handle the extreme cold, then I
highly recommend visiting Germany during Christmas. There are christmas trees everywhere, as you can see in the picture below. Everything is decorated to the T.  










Yummy hot chocolate and a cinnamon twist....
























And some delicious ham, which is hard to come by in the Middle East ...

















And one of the many snow falls that we got caught in ...






















Lots more to share ... pictures of a concentration camp next and the Alps! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh.My.Gawd! That ham looks so good I am crazy jealous!! You look like your having a blast, miss you guys.
    H, Penny and Carlos xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...