Surgery & Recovery

I haven't been the most active blogger lately and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I was thrown off track a bit due to a small surgery I had earlier this month. It was nothing serious but the symptoms I've been dealing with for the past 4months have been unpleasant and definitely required medical attention.
The procedure date was scheduled for a couple weeks after we arrived back in Muscat from our vacation. I was a little hesitant to have a surgery here in Oman but it was actually a decent experience. I went to the StarCare Hospital and my doctor was great. The nurses weren't the brightest but they were nice and genuinely cared. My recovery time has been a lot longer than what I expected. I was told that I'd be back to my normal self within a couple days but to refrain from physical activity for 2 weeks. In reality, I was still having a hard time being on my feet or even sleeping on my side a week after the surgery. I spent days on the couch watching countless tv shows, wishing i could just clean my house or go grocery shopping, or even play fetch with Carlos. Thank god, for Ashlan .. he somehow juggled everything, e.g. work, cleaning, shopping, cooking, walking and feeding Carlos and even found time to go to the gym! I really don't know what I would have done without him.

Thankfully, the hardest part is behind me. I'm pretty sure the issue I've been dealing with has been fixed... I'll know for sure within the next couple months. I'm starting to feel like myself again and I've been able to resume my normal activities.

Here are a few pictures from the past few weeks while I've been recovering ...

The first early morning cuddle with mama after surgery.



































The birthday card I made Ashlan last week for his 28th birthday!!
Teaching Carlos how to wash the dishes.
Carlos is very protective when daddy isn't home. He stays right by my side when I'm on the treadmill:-)



































I made the mistake of saying Carlos' best friends name, Penny, (German Shepard) and he's crying because she's not there to play with him... so pathetic.  

So here's to health and more blog posts... I've missed you guys :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...