Come Dine With Me - Slow-Cooker Bean and Spinach Enchiladas

I am so excited to share this recipe with you guys. It's definitely one of our all time favorites and one that I make quite often. I originally found it off of this blog but it's originally from Real Simple.

Slow-Cooker Bean and Spinach Enchiladas = AMAZING!

In addition to the Enchilada recipe, there's also a recipe for a salad to accompany the mexican dish. I've made the salad and dressing in the past and it is very good but I usually don't make it, since I can be lazy. I would suggest possibly making this with a spanish rice for the side though. Delicious!


Serves 4Hands-On Time: 30mTotal Time: 3hr 30m

Ingredients

Directions

In a medium bowl, mash half the beans. Add the spinach, corn, cumin, 1 cup of the Cheddar, the remaining beans, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mix to combine.

Spread 1 jar of the salsa in the bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Dividing evenly, roll up the bean mixture in the tortillas (about ½ cup each) and place the rolls seam-side down in a single layer in the slow cooker. Top with the remaining salsa and Cheddar.
Cover and cook until heated through, on low for 2½ to 3 hours.
Before serving, toss the lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, and cucumber in a large bowl with the lime juice, oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the enchiladas and sprinkle with the scallions.

PS: Carlos laid between my legs the entire time I prepared this. Crazy dog.

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...