I'll see you again, Oman.

The past month I've received countless emails, Facebook messages, text messages... everyone asking, "Are you home for good?". If I never responded back to you then I apologize; I figured it would be best to just wait and write it on my blog.

The answer is yes. Yes, I am home in Massachusetts for good; well, just for now ... I don't plan on residing here forever. I am living back in my hometown and enrolled in school and attending full-time. My plan is to get a degree in Graphic Design. If you follow me on Instagram you've probably seen some of my hideous drawings and mind blowing math problems!

I haven't had a chance to blog over the past month. Between my classes, homework, and working on Carlos' training (he's in obedience school), I haven't had much time for anything else. It's been a crazy, intense summer and I'm slowly figuring out my next steps in life. Starting a new chapter is a bit daunting but everyday I'm a little more confident, and a little less scared than I was at the beginning of the summer.

With that being said, I'd like to say goodbye to the country that I've called home for the past 2 1/2 years. Oman, you were a challenge at times and every now and then I did need a break from you but you also gave me memories that I will cherish for a lifetime. I miss your dependable sunny days, your food, and some of your ridiculous road habits (disclaimer: even though street lights are preferred over roundabouts, your use of roundabouts is much more efficient than what I've seen here in MA, believe it or not! And furthermore, I miss being able to park on any curb, sidewalk, or random empty spot that I want.)

I've learned a lot over the past two years and my views and outlook on life is not as narrow as it was a couple years back. Oman, thank you for all the life lessons. And to all the beautiful people that I met ... I hope our paths cross again. I miss you all dearly. Thank you for all the sweet words and out pouring of love that I received before I left. I hope to see you all in Boston :-)

And to all the Oman bloggers that I finally got to meet, (the night before I left!) ...keep up the great work! I was so pleased to be involved with such talented, entertaining, and all around good people. Continue to keep me informed with all the Oman gossip ;-) And I'm still bummed I never got the chance to meet Andy, or Mr.Sythe! (*shaking my fist in the air*)

And to all my readers ... Thank you for following along. My journey is not finished though ... I thought about starting a fresh new blog but why? Part of the reason I named my blog PumpkinPolarBear (yes I do regret that at times) was because I didn't want this to strictly be an Oman blog but a way for me to document my life. Years from now I'll be able to look back on my blog and remember my journey. So expect to see more posts :-)

I'll see you again, Oman.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...